About the Role
We are looking forward to an experienced Test Engineer with solid knowledge of Automation and Manual Testing for 30 hours/week. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly and in current circumstances we offer the opportunity to work remotely.
Tools and Software: Our tools are flexible and versatile, facilitating use by both end-user Customers and integration into 3rd party applications. Our team of expert software engineers are experts in, Angular application and have designed the software which communicates with hardware devices.
Skills and opportunities: We have got interesting opportunities for you to work on interesting projects and innovate with our latest technologies. This position will help lead automation testing alongside the QA Manager and will also have responsibility for building and developing test frameworks and automation packs.
The Role you will play:
As part of an integrated team the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of key Test activities as assigned by the Product Lead. The successful candidate will be responsible for interfacing with a small, diverse team to support agile development efforts and Customer stakeholders to design, create and execute tests; requiring the ability to effectively communicate with all members of the team, ranging from technical personnel to program leadership. This includes executing tests across a variety of internal software products and client projects.
• Communicate testing outcomes to technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Working to deliver exceptional customer support Qualifications/Skills/Experience
• Be able to understand a given system and identify key areas for testing
• Have a good understanding of BDD, or willing to learn
• Experience of working in an agile environment.
• Be able to handle multiple threads of work, write and execute Performance Testing and Load Testing. Must be able to handle Mobile Testing.
• A ‘can-do’ attitude working across flexible and cross-functional teams in software and data science • Must be able to take ownership and responsibility for testing in their area
• Not be afraid to take the initiative to improve test processes
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
• Ability to establish close working relationships with stakeholders, developers and multiple business users.
• Production of test evidence and associated artifacts to support quality using Confluence and Jira.
The ideal candidate for this role will have following demonstrable experience:
Write and execute test scripts
Run manual and automated tests
Provide quality assurance over processes
Have hands-on experience with Java, Selenium, and Cucumber technologies
Understanding of modern software development processes and software management/deployment tools such as Java, Rest Assured, Gradle, Git, Jenkins, AWS, JMeter, Android Appium Tool etc.
About the Company
Simera Ltd, established for over 20 years in UK, having extensive transformative business delivery experience through innovation and tech driven initiatives.
We focus on technological and financial change infusion via modernization, strategic investments and globalized market engagement.
What We Offer:
A career at Simera, comes with the chance to help tackle real-world challenges. Coupled with that comes competitive salary, a fantastic benefits package, and the chance to work in an environment that encourages innovation and personal development. Perhaps most importantly, working at Simera offers a chance to enjoy working in a small, friendly team where what you contribute really makes a difference. If you’re excited by innovation and want to join a company that’s breaking new ground and growing quickly.
Salary package: £26k / year